Medical treatment visa is issued to foreigners and stateless persons arriving in the Republic of Azerbaijan for medical examination and treatment.
1.Comleted visa application form. Please click here to download.
- The passport must be valid for no less than three months after the date of your planned departure from Azerbaijan.
- Holders of travel documents must submit valid permanent resident card.
3.Two passport sized photos of the applicant.
- Photos must be taken within the last 6 months to reflect the current appearance.
- Colored photos must be full face and white background.
- 43 CHF for Swiss citizens. For other nationalities see here
- Visa processing fee should be transferred to the following bank account of the Embassy in advance
- Please be noted that the paid visa fee is not refundable and confirmation of the payment should be submitted to the Embassy.
- Account Nr:0235 - 124793.02v in CHF
- IBAN:CH89 0023523512479302v
5.An invitation from a receiving party should be sent through Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- The instruction from the Consular Department of Ministry of Foreign Affairs regarding the confirmation of the invitation of receiving party should be received by the Embassy.
- For details receiving party may contact the Consular Department of Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Address: 4 Shikhali Gurbanov Str., Baku, AZ 1009. For questions please call +994507600663.
- Reference certifying that the invited person has any disease to be examined or treated
7.Copy of flight itenary (optional)
- Applicant must submit copy of car registration document and drivers licanse, if he/she planning to travel by car.
8.Proof of accommodation (optional)
- Hotel reservation, rental agreement of house / apartment, etc.
- If you are a citizen of Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Norway or EU (except England, Ireland and Denmark) you might be eligible for an entry visa without the invitation through the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan (paragraph 5). For more information please click here.
- Only complete applications can be accepted. The Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents/information not mentioned in the list above upon the application.
- To obtain a visa by mail, the request must include a postage paid return envelope. The Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan does not assume any responsibility for the loss postal delivery. As the Embassy does not keep tracking numbers of your mail, you are advised to keep a record of it in way to track your passport's return to you.
- Business hours of the Consular Section are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:30 to 12:30
- Processing time is up to 10 days. The day of submission/delivery of documents by mail is not included in processing time. Visa processing starts only after all required documents are available for the Embassy.
- Foreigners and stateless persons temporarily staying in the Republic of Azerbaijan for a period of more than 15 days must get registered upon place of stay. To do so, foreigners and stateless persons or administration of the place or owner of the residential area (“receiving party”) must submit the application and copy of visiting person’s passport (other border crossing document) to the State Migration Service via official webpage (http://en.e.migration.gov.az/), e-mail (email@example.com) or in person within ten days after arrival of a foreigner or a stateless person in the country.